Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Friends and family will be raving about this delicious Mexican Mango Chipotle Shrimp recipe with its sweet heat and bright and cheerful summer colors! Perfect for dinner on the patio or summer parties, you can have it on the table in just over 30 minutes.
I love my food with a kick. And this spicy mango shrimp recipe has the perfect amount of heat!
Chipotle peppers are one of my favorite ways to add heat to a dish.
In case you’re wondering, chipotles are smoked and dried red jalapenos. You’re probably thinking “wait, but jalapenos are green!” Actually, if you leave them on the vine long enough, they will turn red.
When I discovered the El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce, I was excited. Here was a hot sauce that not only could I cook with, but I could also add directly to anything for just a little bit more heat.
When you try it, you’ll see what I mean. It’s rich and thick and has a sweet smoky flavor that is perfect for the grill. I guarantee you are going to find all sorts of ways to cook with this delicious chipotle sauce, in addition to my chipotle shrimp recipe.
This Mango Chipotle Shrimp recipe is SO good that I made a second batch of the sauce the next day to take with us on our beach vacation next month. It’s in the freezer right now. Everyone loved it, including the teenagers.
I’m doing a little happy dance. Teenagers aren’t always easy to please.
Here’s our bottle of hot sauce. You see how much is already gone? I’ve had it less than a week. I don’t think it’s going to last much longer!
I have a feeling that the habanero sauces are going to go quickly too!
Mango Chipotle Shrimp
I paired the El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce with mango in this recipe to create some sweet heat to marinate the shrimp.
To make the sauce, all you need to do is add your chopped mango, El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce, tomato paste, cilantro, brown sugar, lime juice, and apple cider vinegar to your food processor and blend until relatively smooth.
It’s not going to be liquid smooth. The texture will look something like this (see below)…very rich and thick.
Go ahead and marinate your shrimp…15 minutes to a half hour should be fine.
While your shrimp is marinating, you can put together your salsa. (Be sure to set aside the little bit of marinade for dipping; the sauce that you marinate your shrimp in should be tossed though).
This delicious salsa mixture is made of chopped mangoes, tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, avocado, lime juice and El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce.
You’re going to let the chopped red onion soak in the lime juice while you’re chopping everything…it helps take a little bit of the “bite” out of the onion. Add the avocados at the end right before serving.
The colors are just stunning, aren’t they?!
Now it’s time to skewer your shrimp and head out to the grill!
Shrimp don’t take long to cook…five to seven minutes tops. Turn them about halfway through.
Don’t these Mango Chipotle Shrimp look good?!!
If you want to turn them into shrimp tacos like us, add your shrimp to a flour tortilla, along with some chipotle mango sauce or salsa (or both!), and maybe even an extra dash or two of El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce! That’s what I did. 🙂
If you’re looking for an easy meal that everyone is going to rave about, this Mango Chipotle Shrimp recipe is it. It’s the perfect summer grilling recipe for a night on the patio!
Needless to say, we had no leftovers.
[Tweet “Mango Chipotle Shrimp…the #grilling #recipe everyone is raving about! #KingofFlavor”]
The El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce is absolutely perfect for the grill. I have a feeling we are going to be going through a lot of it this summer. You’re definitely going to want to check out the hot sauce recipes on El Yucateco’s website…I saw several I want to try!
You can purchase El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce, as well as their Green and Red Habanero Hot Sauces at Lowes Foods or other retailers nationwide.
Now on to my Mango Chipotle shrimp recipe!
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp
- flour tortillas
- extra El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce
- extra chipotle mango sauce and salsa (see below)
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups mango,chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce (or more, feel free to adjust the heat to your tastes!)
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until relatively smooth (see picture above).
- Marinate shrimp in chipotle mango sauce for 15-30 minutes.
- Mix chopped onion with lime juice, allow to sit for a couple of minutes while you are chopping the other ingredients. The lime juice will take the "bite" out of the red onion.
- Mix the mango, tomatoes, peppers, red onion and El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce together.
- Add the avocado just before you are ready to eat.
- Thread your shrimp on skewers.
- Grill until pink, about 5 -7 minutes.
- Flip about halfway thru to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with flour tortillas, extra chipotle mango sauce and salsa, and extra El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce!