This week we’re saying goodbye to Mila from Girl and the Kitchen. She has been with us since we started this party, and will be greatly missed. We wish her the best!
Before we get started with this week’s party, I have a few housekeeping things I wanted to mention.
One, I’m going to be starting my newsletter this summer, and I would love it if you would sign up, if you haven’t already. There is a spot to subscribe on my sidebar, or it may show up as a pop up for you, but I have that set to not pop up too often for you. Don’t worry, I won’t be sending any kind of daily updates. My eventual goal is a weekly newsletter, but I have a feeling it won’t be quite that often in the beginning.
I also want to talk about something because we often tweet comments about how we try help you increase your traffic with this party.
In case you are wondering how we do that, I wanted to share with you what I do.
Each of my features is scheduled to pin to multiple group boards over the next week or so, and I also yum, and stumble as well as share in other ways such as Twitter and Facebook. But I don’t just do that with my features. I share many of your posts in the same exact way. I do give my features some extra love though.
I am going to be trying something new with Facebook, so you can expect to see a lot more of your recipes and DIY projects show up on my page over the next week. Please still share your posts to my page, as many of you do.
We love seeing what you share each week, and I hope you will tell your friends about us!
This week I didn’t go with a theme. I saw quite a few recipes that I really want to try, and I decided to share a few of them with you today. Here goes!
I’m a big fan of seafood tacos, so when I saw Eat it & Say Yum’s Coconut Shrimp Tacos with Mango and Avocado Salsa, I did a double take. Look at that picture! Right now I am just wishing it could jump off the page and appear in my kitchen!
Fire up the grill! These Grilled Coconut Rum shrimp from Home Cooking Memories only have 5 ingredients…they’re perfect for your next cookout! They look mouthwatering good…I bet you won’t have any leftovers.
My next feature comes from my love for Mexican food with these Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Anaheim Peppers from Chili Pepper Madness. I fell in love with Anaheim peppers on a family trip to Sante Fe many years ago. I roast them and use them in all sorts of dishes, but I have never really mastered stuffing them. After seeing this recipe, I am ready to try again!
If you like chicken and sriracha, you are going to love these Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs with Sriracha Cream from Homemade Hooplah! I can never resist anything with sriracha myself.
And last, but certainly not least, this Smores Cheesecake from Baked by an Introvert looks so decadent, I’ve been thinking about it all week. I’d say its a MUST TRY…what do you think?
If you’d like to pin any of these yummy recipes, please stop by their site and pin the post from where it actually lives.
Ready for the party?
We’re not really a rules-type party. But here’s what we do ask.
1. Link up your favorite recipes and projects from your own blog. Roundups are fine as long as they include links to the recipes or DIY projects. Please DO NOT link a post without a recipe, project, craft, or tutorial.
2. We’d be truly grateful if you shared our party to other food and DIY blog friends so others can join in the fun! Tweet us. Share us on Facebook (the party should be pinned at the top on my Facebook page for Thursday evening and most of the day Friday, if you’d like to share from there). However you can help us spread the word, we appreciate!
3. It’s not a requirement of course, but if you can, try to visit another link or two and leave a thoughtful comment. Give someone a shout out on social media. Use the hashtag #FoodieFriDIY…we’re trying to grow a community for all of us, and it’s always nice to make new friends.
4. We’d love it if you’d follow your party hosts on Pinterest.
- Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life
- Jenny at Honey & Birch
- Christie at A Kitchen Hoor
- Petro at The Seaman Mom
- Christine at Curried Cantaloupe
Don’t forget after you get done linking up to drop by my Facebook page and share your favorite recipes or DIY project that you have linked up…I will make sure to show your post some love on some form of social media! Please be sure to share either the link or the number in the link up so it’s easy for me to find it.
And now for the party!