I feel like I am finally getting back on top of things since coming home from vacation. Isn’t it funny how a week away can set you back for weeks?!
I’m really excited to share something with you this week. If you’re stopping by tonight, chances are you have recipes on your blog. If any of those recipes include peppers, I have a treat for you!
Jalapeño Mania is a great new site where you can submit any recipes and food photos that include a pepper ingredient…hot, mild, dried, powder…it doesn’t matter. It just has to include a pepper in the ingredient list. All photos that are accepted will link back to your blog for the recipe, driving traffic back to you! And who doesn’t like extra traffic?!!
Of course you’ll also find lots of great recipes there as well…I’ve favorited a bunch that I’d like to try!
I hope you’ll swing by my post detailing how it all works, and submit some of your own recipes! Let me know if you do!
One of my favorite recipes that I submitted is this Fiesta Chicken Enchilada Soup…it’s one of my 30 minute meals. Once the school year and sports season start, I need all the fast and easy meals I can get.
Anyway, on to our features and an update about last week’s four features, which tallied up a whopping 576 repins from my original pins! WOW! I always get excited when I see that!
As for this week, as always, there was a lot of really great posts. But these four stuck out in my mind all week!
Peach Moscato Smoothie from Cooking with Curls…just looking at this gorgeous drink makes me want one!
Mason Jar Lid Coaster DIY from The Coconut Head’s Survival Guide…I think this is such a fun idea. Because I don’t can, but rather store in the fridge or freezer using my mason jars and plastic lids instead (just check out my garlic scape pesto recipe), this would be perfect for my extra lids!
Pineapple Peach Mojito from Spoonful of Flavor…this is just perfect for a lazy summer day. I almost could pretend I’m at the tropics instead of my pool…almost…
Herbed Corn and Avocado Salad from Lake Shore Lady…there is nothing better than summer corn! Mix it with another fave, avocados, and I am SOLD!
If you’d like to pin one of these features, please head over to the blog where it lives and pin it from there!
Ready for the party?
We’re not really a rules-type party. But here’s what we do ask.
1. Link up your favorite recipes and projects from your own blog. Roundups are fine as long as they include links to the recipes or DIY projects. Please DO NOT link a post without a recipe, project, craft, or tutorial.
2. We’d be truly grateful if you shared our party to other food and DIY blog friends so others can join in the fun! Tweet us. Share us on Facebook (the party should be pinned at the top on my Facebook page for Thursday evening and most of the day Friday, if you’d like to share from there). However you can help us spread the word, we appreciate!
3. It’s not a requirement of course, but if you can, try to visit another link or two and leave a thoughtful comment. Give someone a shout out on social media. Use the hashtag #FoodieFriDIY…we’re trying to grow a community for all of us, and it’s always nice to make new friends.
4. We’d love it if you’d follow your party hosts on Pinterest.
- Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life
- Jenny at Honey & Birch
- Christie at A Kitchen Hoor
- Petro at The Seaman Mom
- Christine at Curried Cantaloupe
Don’t forget after you get done linking up to drop by my Facebook page and share your favorite recipes or DIY project that you have linked up…I will make sure to show your post some love on some form of social media! Please be sure to share either the link or the number in the link up so it’s easy for me to find it.
And now for the party!