Welcome to the back to school edition of #FoodieFriDIY!
It’s been an emotional week of ups and downs for me.
As you all know, we dropped my son off at college this last weekend. It feels a little strange around the house without him. I get those blue moments when I feel teary eyed that he’s not here. And my younger son had already moved into his brother’s room by the time we got back. Good thing his older brother is pretty mellow about it. When I told him, his reaction was one of surprise…not that his brother had done it, but that he’d done it practically as soon as he left the house. LOL
The younger two went back to school on Monday, and I now have two high schoolers! Where does the time go? At any rate, with sports starting and our weeknights about to start getting really busy, I’ll be getting into speed dinner mode here shortly and hopefully sharing some new fast and easy recipes with you all soon.
Since I have back to school on my mind, that’s what I focused on for this week’s features. From breakfast, lunch, and dinner to mason jar teacher’s gifts, there are some great recipes and ideas here that you are going to love!
Each of my features is pinned at least 3 different group boards, yummed if a recipe, clipped to Hometalk if a DIY, stumbled, and shared on my Facebook page. I try to share in other ways as well. Whether you are featured or not, I try to share as many of your links as possible, but I like to give a little “special” treatment to my features!
From top to bottom, left to right:
Omelet Waffles from Growing Up Gabel
Baked Breakfast Quesadilla from Full Belly Sisters
Mini Ranch Chicken Salad Rolls from Lemons for Lulu
Zesty Turkey Club Pinwheels from I Thee Cook
One Pan Cheesy Taco Skillet from Homemade Hooplah
21 Mason Jar Teacher Gifts from The Scrap Shoppe Blog
If you’d like to pin any of these features, please visit the blog where it lives!
Ready for the party?
We’re not really a rules-type party. But here’s what we do ask.
1. Link up your favorite recipes and projects from your own blog. Roundups are fine as long as they include links to the recipes or DIY projects. Please DO NOT link a post without a recipe, project, craft, or tutorial.
2. We’d be truly grateful if you shared our party to other food and DIY blog friends so others can join in the fun! Tweet us. Share us on Facebook (the party should be pinned at the top on my Facebook page for Thursday evening and most of the day Friday, if you’d like to share from there). However you can help us spread the word, we appreciate!
3. It’s not a requirement of course, but if you can, try to visit another link or two and leave a thoughtful comment. Give someone a shout out on social media. Use the hashtag #FoodieFriDIY…we’re trying to grow a community for all of us, and it’s always nice to make new friends.
4. We’d love it if you’d follow your party hosts on Pinterest.
- Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life
- Jenny at Honey & Birch
- Christie at A Kitchen Hoor
- Christine at Curried Cantaloupe
Don’t forget after you get done linking up to drop by my Facebook page and share your favorite recipes or DIY project that you have linked up…I will make sure to show your post some love on some form of social media! Please be sure to share either the link or the number in the link up so it’s easy for me to find it.
And now for the party!