Welcome to Ask Away Friday!
My Q & A partner this week is Dana from Kiss My List. I love her motto: Life is easier with a plan and a good pair of shoes. I have a thing for shoes too, so I think our friendship was meant to be! All kidding aside, I really don’t make friends on the basis of their shoes. I’m not sure how I originally met Dana although I think it was probably towards the beginning of this year. She and I have kids similar ages, so I can relate to a lot of her posts and the things she is dealing with. She’d love to be the next great novelist, she can “do” funny, and I enjoy her writing. I think you will too!
The other thing that drew me to Dana is she’s a good blog friend to have…she comments and shares. If you have a blog, you understand that these things are worth their weight in gold to us! We’ve all had the experience where you really like a blog, and you visit it on a regular basis and comment on posts…and NOTHING. You get zero interaction back! It’s like you’re invisible! Of course no one owes you a comment back just because you commented on their post, but I’ve always felt the best way to get to know people is to comment back and visit them as well. Then you can decide from there if you want to get to know them better. The way I see it, no matter how amazing your blog is, if you can’t be bothered to interact with your fan base, then that relationship is just not meant to be. The reason I asked Dana to be my partner was to get to know her better, so I hope you will swing by her blog and see how she answered the questions I gave her!
My first thought when I saw the questions she prepared for me was that she asked really hard ones! She did tell me if I couldn’t answer them all, she’d give me an easier one, but at that point, it was kind of like Game On.
1. What is the oldest item you own? That one’s easy. I have a pair of jeans from college. I don’t know why I save them…they have good sized holes in the rear end. I’d never wear them in public and show off my granny panties. And I’d never wear them at home and show off my granny panties. I always think that someday I will wear them when I am doing something like painting the house, but the reality is, I am a terrible painter, and there is no way my husband would let me near our walls anyway. Plus I doubt they fit anymore either. I’m not that far off my college weight, but let’s just say it’s redistributed itself. That’s a nice way of saying I have a muffin top I could do without.
2. What is your first reaction when faced with a crisis? Hmmm…that depends on the crisis. Sometimes I can take charge and take care of things, and other times I completely panic. If I do panic, I can usually figure it out logically once I calm down. I should probably figure out which types of things send me into a tizzy and which don’t. That might help me cope better.
3. What is the one food you would never give up? Pickles. I am addicted to them. I love pickled anything…okra, green beans, and of course, cucumbers. I love Rick’s Picks! They are the most amazing pickles. My favorites are the Mean Beans, Smokra, Bee ‘n’ Beez, and the People’s Pickle. It can’t be plain old jarred pickles. I’m a pickle snob.
4. I know you have a gazillion things going on at one time – just look at your cartoon-self on your header! If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? I don’t think I am capable of that. I would be bored out of my mind. I am happiest when I am juggling a bunch of things.
5. What sound do you love? I love to listen to my cats purr. It’s like music to my ears…it makes me happy.
6. What is one of your personality traits that you see in your kids? Stubbornness. Determination. My kids can be dig-their-heels-in-stubborn when they think they are right and ultra-focused on end results if they want something.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve? It drives me crazy when my kids say “nevermind.” This usually happens when I ask them to repeat themselves. If there is a lot of background noise or I am talking to them on the phone, I don’t always have the easiest time hearing them. I guess hearing loss is part of the aging process. I can pretend I am 39 every year, but my ears are going to give me away!
8. What is your morning routine? I usually try to get a little work done first thing in the morning between 6-6:30 am, make breakfast for my kids if they are running behind, leave to take my oldest son to school at 7 am (he’s in private school so there is no bus), and then meet a friend to run. Then it’s back to work until the after school activity driving and pickups start.
9. What is the most outrageous thing on your bucket list? I don’t know if I have a bucket list per se. I’d like to travel and see more of the world, and I’d like to own a little cottage on a lake.
10. Where would you like to see your blog on its second anniversary? I need to really sit down and think about exactly where I want to be. Ultimately, I’d like to be a contributing writer in other places, I’d love to see my page views per month double (or triple!!), and I’d like to be working more with brands. I find that when I set goals for myself and set up the stepping stones to get there, it usually gives me the focus I need.
In case you didn’t know, I just celebrated my first bloggiversary!! Join in the fun and help me celebrate! I teamed up with my friend Bev at Linkouture to give away a beautiful handcrafted bracelet! Isn’t it beautiful? Check out her Etsy shop for more gorgeous designs.
- Must be 18 to enter.
- US Only.
- Email addresses will be added to our regular mailing list for A Dish of Daily Life.
- No exchanges.
- Item will be shipped to the winner free of charge.