Kick up the flavor on your burgers for your next BBQ! The two secret ingredients give this Hearty Backyard Burgers recipe a unique flavor that everyone will be raving about!
HEARTY BACKYARD BURGERS
The summer is the only time we really entertain. We love hanging out with friends and family by the pool. Although I love to cook, I’d rather spend my time visiting when we’re having a get together. I’m sure you would too!
Even though I’d rather not spend a ton of the time in the kitchen when we have company, I still want to make sure I’m serving a great meal. With our family, everything revolves around good food. We love to eat, and we love to eat well. Plain boxed premade burgers just don’t make the cut.
I made their Hearty Backyard Burgers to share with you today. Not only are these homemade burgers easy to make, but they have a couple of secret ingredients that give them a big WOW factor. They got rave reviews at our BBQ the other day…I’ve already been asked for the recipe!
MAKING AN ORDINARY BURGER EXTRAORDINARY
You’re probably wondering what exactly gives these burgers that WOW factor. I’ll let you in on the secret..it’s beer and Worcestershire sauce! I used a full bodied beer, and I would definitely recommend that…it gave the burgers a very nice flavor, as did the Worcestershire sauce.
For six hamburger patties, you’ll need 1 1/2 lbs of hamburger meat, so plan accordingly for the number of people you are hosting.
Coat your grill rack with some nonstick cooking spray or a little vegetable oil before you start the grill. Then preheat your grill to medium high heat.
Mix your chopped onion, beer (or non-alcoholic beer), Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper together in a bowl. Crumble your hamburger meat on top, mix together, and form into 6 patties.
Grill your burgers for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until they are no longer pink on the inside. When they’re done, the meat thermometer should read 160 degrees. Serve on buns with the fixings that you like. Personally I like a little Bibb lettuce and a mix of red and yellow tomatoes, along with a little red onion.
We served them with chips the other day, but they would be great with any type of side dish!
With this Hearty Backyard Burgers recipe, it only takes a few extra minutes to turn your burgers into something really special! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup beer or non-alcoholic beer
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 6 rye or whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- 12 red onion slices (optional)
- condiments of your choosing
- Coat your grill rack with some nonstick cooking spray or a little vegetable oil before you start the grill.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble hamburger meat over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into six patties.
- Cover and grill over medium high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. When they are done, your meat thermometer will read 160 degrees.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, and condiments of your choosing.