#AskAwayFriday with Mrs. Tee Love Life & Laughter

The Real Housewife of Caroline County

The nice thing about #AskAwayFriday is getting to know your blog friends better. Maybe you have a picture of them in your mind because of something they wrote. But when you get to ask the questions, you learn so much more about a person!

I honestly can’t remember how I met Tiffany. Maybe it was through the SITS Girls, maybe it was through Twitter. But one thing I do know is she has been a loyal online friend for the entire time I have known her.

She is a mom to six, ranging in age from preschool all the way to almost 20! I thought my schedule was crazy, but Tiffany is one busy mom! Reading her schedule is mind boggling. I hope you’ll go over to her blog and see how she answered my questions too — you just might make a new friend while you’re there!

#AskAwayFriday w MrsTee

Here’s what Tiffany wanted to know:

I just read your post about the 2 reasons to include the date within your URL.  I am so glad I did!  I was going back and forth on whether to do this.  I agree with you and have made the switch.  How do you come up with the ideas for you Blog Tips?  Do you go by things you learned or what you feel may be a popular question at the time?

I probably should pay more attention as to what is a popular topic at the time for SEO purposes. I tend to pick topics that are of interest to me at the time. Yesterday’s post was about Canva, a new online graphic design tool that I just discovered and I am in love with!

So, I just grabbed my copy of The Mother Of All Meltdowns and I am hooked!  Do you plan on writing a book as a solo author?  If so, what genre would it be?

I never planned on being published in a book, period! I was quite nervous that I wasn’t a good enough writer to be a part of it.  Then I was nervous because my story was one of the few that wasn’t funny. But I am very thankful to Crystal Ponti from Mommifried, who was our organizer, publisher, and grand master of it all, for asking me to be a part of the group!

For those of you who haven’t read it, the Kindle version is on sale for 99 cents at Amazon right now! The link on my sidebar will take you there. And if you want a print copy, it’s on sale at Create Space.

Mother of All MeltdownsVD

On a typical day, what is your favorite time to take a moment for Michelle?  If you don’t get that what would it be and what would you do?

Me time? Does time sitting at practices waiting for kids count?

My run is usually my “me time.”  I also like to read before bed. Right now I am reading  A Lady in France by Jennie Goutet who blogs at A Lady in France. It’s a wonderful book…I highly recommend it. It’s hard to put down!

You’re a sports mom.  I am a band mom.  Both require a lot of commitment from us and our Kids.  What do you think is the biggest reason to encourage children to participate in extracurricular activities?

I think it’s important for kids to be part of something that is bigger than themselves, meaning that it’s not just about them. There is something about being part of a team. You play for the team as much as you play for yourself.

Super Fan Moment:  I love your Blog and think you are a great example of what a great Blogger is.  What piece of advice would you offer a Mom who is trying to make a splash in Bloggerville?

What a nice thing to say…thank you! When I first started blogging, I had no idea what I was doing. When I discovered the SITS Girls, I met some very kind people who made me feel like I belonged. And then I got to meet a few of them in real life as well!

I simply try to pay it forward the same way they did with me.  I would tell anyone to do the same. If someone helps you, find someone else to help. Be genuine. What comes around goes around.

Blogging friends

What is your favorite ‘Sweet Tooth’ indulgence?

I guess I would say my daughter’s chocolate chip cookies. She makes amazing cookies.

But if you really want to send a treat my way, I love Rick’s Picks pickles! I pretty much like pickled anything…Mean Beans, Smokra, and bee ‘n’ beez are my Rick’s Picks favorites, but you could pretty much give me anything but the Hotties, and I’d be deliriously happy.

When on a long road trip do you prefer to ride or drive?

I don’t mind driving, but if I am with my husband, I prefer to ride (and take naps). I have a hard time staying awake if he’s driving. The movement of the car lulls me to sleep.

When is the last time you had an adventure?  What was it and what made it one?

Traveling with Steph from So, I’ve Been Thinking always turns out to be an adventure. Steph lives in the same town as me; our boys went to preschool together, and they’re still friends.

We went to two blog conferences together last year. The first one we almost missed our flight on the way there, because we were running late and then hit a ton of traffic. Steph could probably drive a race car, she is so good at defensive driving.

Then on the way home, we were really early to the airport and we almost missed our flight again! Since we had all that extra time, we sat down and had lunch and lost track of time. We literally were running in as they were closing the doors!

We must be completely jinxed though, or we’re just really bad (or perhaps distracted) travel companions. The next time we travelled together, we got to the airport in plenty of time, and our flight was delayed for hours. We missed our connecting flight and had to stay overnight in another state and catch a different flight in the morning, which is another story in itself. But going back to the delayed flight…we lost track of time once again, and almost missed yet another flight.

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

If you could be anywhere in the world at anytime in history where would you be?

I think I’d stay put, because I can’t imagine changing my life. The whole concept of time travel makes me nervous, because one small thing could completely change history.

Signature Question:  Are you on the Coffee Crew or Team Tea?  What is your preferred hot beverage?

I didn’t even drink coffee until the last year. But I am starting to like it. But I will go with tea, because I drink that a lot more often…mostly chamomile and green tea with honey.

If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy:

This post may be linked up to a number of link parties. Here is a list of Link Parties I participate in.

1. says

Another great post of Q&A Michelle! I love your answer about blogging and what goes around, comes around. It’s so true. I really love promoting other people b/c I know I great it feels when they do it for me. *group hug*

• says

Yes, it’s absolutely true. Write and they will come…just doesn’t happen. You have to be a friend to make a friend…in blogging and everywhere else in life as well! I’d much rather have a group hug than go it alone!

2. says

Totally a tea girl here, too and also hot chocolate at this time of the year. By the way, I love your blog tips articles and seriously keep them coming. I use PicMonkey, but I loved learning more about Canva the other day and seriously going to try to check it out more this week. So, thank you again for sharing that with me here :)

3. says

M – I’m laughing hard because I used the same photo in my post today! I want to travel with you and Steph – man, we’d NEVER make a flight! And I am dying to read your post about Canva. As always, you have the best ever blogging and social media tips. Great questions Tiffany!

• says

Haha! That is too funny…I need to hop over to your place. Steph and I are pretty pathetic travel companions in terms of our timeliness, but that just means we are having a good time, right? We get lost in conversation and bam, there goes our flight. We probably should set an alarm on our watches…that would have helped with the lunch episode at least! Definitely go over and check out Canva…LOVE it!

4. says

These Friday Q&As are some of my favorite posts!!!
    I agree – you always have some great tips for improving/changing our blogs!!!
    And, you have developed an incredible blog – I love the idea of paying it forward – not sure I do that enough.

5. says

Thank you so very much for mentioning my book. It’s fun getting to know you – I definitely recognise face, name and blog but I’m not sure I’ve ever been here. I also recognise Tamara in the picture up there so I know we have at least one blog friend in common, though I’m sure we have many more. I’m new to Tamara too, however. You’re in MOAM too? I want to read that but I have a few reviews that are due and I can’t add anything else to my plate until I plough through them. I’m a big reader too, but you know how life gets in the way.

Anyway, a big hug to you Michelle!

• says

I am really enjoying your book! Happy to mention it…I will promote once I am done reading. :) Yes Tamara and I are friends…we actually don’t live that far from each other so she and Ilene from Fierce Diva Guide to Life met at my house this summer (I was in the middle) and Steph from So, I’ve been thinking joined us as well…she and I live in the same town. I was in MOAM too…my story is one of the only ones that is not funny. But I think any mom can relate to any story in the book. I have a few books to read as well…but I am glad I started yours first! Have a great weekend!

6. says

I love seeing the photo here and at Ilene’s blog today! And as I told her, I very nearly used it too! So weird.
    Yes, your daughter’s chocolate chip cookies are fantastic. And pickles! I love pickles!

7. says

Wow! I don’t think I have ever heard of Ricks Picks and for there to be so many varieties is amazing to me! I think I’ll stay on the sweet side for now… LOL

I love your Flight story! i am always so nervous about missing a flight (especially with so many kiddies) we end up being super early every time BUT we did have a close call similar to yours when we stopped to eat as well. There must be something about eating… LOL

8. says

I need pickles IMMEDIATELY now!

I was at Ilene’s blog earlier this morning. It is so funny that you both used the same photo!

Mrs. Tee is great. She’s the one who got me started on AAF!

9. says

Oh my goodness, Ilene doesn’t know what she’d be getting into traveling with us. That’s why we’re driving to the next conferences! And thank you for stamping that pic the way you did, I cringe every time I see it – your diagonal logo makes me look slimmer HAHA!

I’m going to have to try those pickles, too. Now that they are in writing I will remember them!

Fun posts with you and Tiffany today!

• says

You look great! We always are our own worst critics. Anyway, I think I look terrible too. Haha
      Those pickles are amazing. I wish I had some right now. Of course I probably would have eaten the jar this morning. I am terrible with pickles. I love vinegary foods. :)

10. says

What great Q&A! I remember the story of you and Steph and your flight issues when we al went to BBC Dallas. I think you two are perfect travel companions….you end up with the best stories! As soon as I can sit down and catch a breath I will catch up on all of the other posts from this week. Hope it’s been a great one for you!

• says

Hope you had fun skiing! You have been all over the place!! Yes, we are quite the travel companions. Blind leading the blind. Interestingly enough, I think we both do just fine on our own…it’s when we’re together the problems start. But we do have fun!

11. says

In my opinion, you choose excellent blogger content to share. I am always drawn in and find something helpful to take away. I think a blogger e-book would do you well.

12. says

Ohhhh, thanks for the book recommendation. Putting ‘A Lady in France’ on my reading list. And if my kids are behaving/napping on long car rides, I’m out like a light, too!

13. says

Great Q & A! I am definitely becoming a green tea girl, since I have been trying to get away from so much caffeine/Mountain Dew…I am 14 day Mountain Dew free! I normally nap while my hubby is driving, too! LOL! I would love to be able to go to a bloggy conference, someday. Great advice for a new blogger! :) Have a great weekend, Michelle!

• says

I like green tea. I also like Coke and Dr. Pepper, which I know are not good for me, but sometimes I crave them. I am trying to get myself to just drink water, tea and coffee and trying not to buy anything else so it’s not in the house! If we don’t have it, I can’t drink it. :)

14. says

I’m the same way in the car–I’m always falling asleep when other people are driving! And I just had a picked grape last night. It was….interesting.

15. says

SITS is def the place to be if you want to grow your blog. I also think that being part of a team teaches commitment. Even if you’re not having the best time you don’t want to let others down.

16. says

I would often take a book to read when waiting for sports practices to get done, but someone would always end up sitting down next to me! I felt like I couldn’t really say, “Could you go away because this is the only 10 minutes I will get today to read my book!” :)
    I completely agree that kids learn so much from being involved in something where it is not all about them, whether it is sports, music, student government, 4H, or other activities or clubs.
    Great questions and answers! :)

• says

I tend to stay in my car during far away practices and park a little further away if I want to get something done. When I was driving so much last year, I really had to write during those days! Sometimes I took a nap too. I definitely couldn’t tell someone to go away either. :)

17. says

Glad to know a little bit more about you Michelle! Always fun to read this post- So you are saying, you didn’t drink coffee until last year?? How come? I am so big on coffee and cannot even function without it. And I don’t drink tea Period! :)

18. says

Being a passenger in the car puts me to sleep too – I can’t help it. My family likes to make fun of me when I fall asleep; one of these days I’m going to wake up and find an unflattering photo on Facebook – head back, mouth open, snoozing away.

• says

Dana, I do it at parties too…only at close friends’ houses…home away from home. I always wake up and rally though. A couple times I’ve been threatened with a Sharpie mustache…can you imagine?

19. says

I would describe you as not only a great blogger but a generous one as well. Your kindness toward others in the community is impressive and appreciated! Your travel adventures with Steph mirror my recurring nightmare – I get so distracted with other things that I have to race to make my flight. Racing, always racing…

20. says

Love that you girls were late to more than ONE- I lost count- flight as you traveled together!! That’s hilarious!! I think you are such a pay it forward gal Michelle- and that is probably one of the biggest reasons why I love you so much!! Great interview questions!! AWESOME photo shot of soccer too! WOW.

Great questions Tiffany!! (And talk about a SUPER MOM!!! Amazing…)

• says

Thanks Chris – that makes my day that you think of me that way! I think we can always do more though! Yes, Steph and I are not the best of travel companions (plus I snore when I have too much red wine) but we do have fun together!

21. says

I\’m not a mom yet, but the questions and answers are great because they deal with all aspects of life! Yay for the SITS Girls for organizing an event which helped me to discover your blog!

• says

It is fun…I interact with so many people on twitter! That is probably my favorite form of social media, although I am trying to spend more time on Google+ and Pinterest. There’s just something about twitter! I think that is how we met, isn’t it?

22. says

I am with you on staying put! I love life and where I am in it (although I would not mind having my younger body). Isn’t the relationships IRL of blog friends the best? I had no idea when I started blogging that it would be so wonderful! Enjoyed your post!

• says

I can’t believe how many wonderful blog friends that I have that I can really and truly count on. I had no idea it would be like this either! Thanks for stopping by – I think we’re all going to have a lot of fun this week!

23. says

I love this style of post :) It is always so fun to learn more and more about the bloggers we enjoy reading. I totally agree with you on Canva, I am hooked for sure! I just wish there weren’t quite so many awesome things on it that cost lol

• says

I am so addicted to Canva!! But I do a lot with my own photos as well. And if you do use their photos, it’s cheaper than using a regular stock photo!
      I like these kind of posts as well, because it allows you to get to know the person better!

24. says

Great questions for getting to know you better. I’m new to SITS but finding the support out there so encouraging. It sounds like you’re a very generous and supportive blogger, glad I found you through the February challenge.

• says

Tiffany is very kind. :) I have made some wonderful blog friends! Blogging is all about support. You can write all the great content in the world, but if no one sees it, you’re not going to get very far. I find that extending a helping hand serves everyone well. I always try to share whenever I see content that my fans will like! I do believe what comes around goes around. Glad to meet you as well!

25. says

Connecting via SITS Comment Love today. My four children are grown and moving on, but those days of driving them to activities, working on projects for school, endless meals and laundry, and joyful family times are still fresh in my mind! My “kids” are in their 20’s and 30’s, and there are huge challenges at this age too! Glad to “meet” you and your blog…I’ll be back!

26. says

Always love these! So fun to learn a little more about the people I meet in “Bloggerville.” I am totally jealous of my blog friends who have met other blog friends in real life. I have only met two, but Im going to meet lots at BLogU in June! :-)

27. says

I\’m right there with you about falling asleep in the car… and loving chocolate chip cookies!! Running used to be my \”me\” time, but I find that it\’s been so nice to use that time now to connect with my kids. At home with teens is always \”me\” time, haha!!!Fun to read, and to get to know you better !!xo ~kim

• says

I love how you blog with your daughter. I think that is so cool. I’ve been trying to get my daughter to start a blog…she makes her own skin care stuff out of natural ingedients half the time and she is amazing with hair…the braids she can create just blow me away, but she has concerns about it. I think she’d be great though!

• says

What kinds of things does she make? I’m thinking about trying to make natural soap (would love tips!!) Sounds like she would have tons to blog about. Maybe she could guest post on your blog to try it out and see if she likes it! We’d definitely love to read about hair and her skin care line… WOW!

28. says

So excited to see you on my comment love list for SITS today as I love your blog and visit often anyway. :)

I’m currently reading The Mother of All Meltdowns and really enjoying it. I’ll have to ask my mom if she ever had a meltdown when raising me. I know she did for sure with my sister. Haha

I couldn’t agree with you more on your blogging philosophy. I too believe in the importance of offering a helping hand to others whenever possible and sharing in their success.

• says

I love your blog too! I was looking through and noticed quite a few of my blog friends on our list, that I already comment on. But that’s ok…I’ll give everyone extra blog love!
      Thank you for sharing that you are reading The Mother of All Meltdowns…we are looking for more reviews on Amazon if you wouldn’t mind helping us out! I know my mom had plenty of meltdowns…haha. I was not the easiest child.

29. says

I like how you’ve stayed connected to your blogger friends both virtually & personally. I also love the SITS girls community!! Everything they do gets you so involved & participating in ways that I probably wouldn’t on my own. I love your Ask Away Friday idea. I am working toward getting a close knit blog family.

30. says

My mom was a NON coffee person until a few months ago…now she wants to quit her bank because they stopped giving free coffee! lol she’s nuts.

I never ever ever ever prefer driving I like naps too.

• says

That is too funny! If my husband is with me, I never ever drive. And I cannot ever stay awake in the passenger seat. It’s the only time I ever nap, but I enjoy it! Interestingly enough, I can drive long distances when I am by myself.

31. says

I definitely had to see what Rick’s Pick’s pickles were! You mentioned going to two blogger conferences. Did you find them useful? And what did you learn there that you would not have learned had you not attended, Michelle? I’m enjoying getting to know my blogging friends too. It’s a lot fun :)

32. says

I see the pattern, if I want to make a flight on time don’t fly with you 😉 These were fun to read. I totally fall asleep if my husband is driving too, I feel bad and worry about it to as he sometimes has a hard time staying awake, so I think I would rather fly.