Another week gone, just like that.
Isn’t it funny that when you’re a kid, you want time to hurry up, and when you’re an adult, you just want it to slow down?
On Saturday, my son graduates high school.
I can’t even fathom that I am old enough to have a kid graduating high school.
I remember when we brought him home from the hospital.
We were so clueless. We put him in the vibrating crib to help him fall asleep and then he wouldn’t wake up. We’re talking sleeping an entire day. I called the doctor in a panic, and he said “did you try turning off the crib?”
Yeah, that worked. That doctor must have had a good laugh at our expense…stupid first time parents.
And now he’s GRADUATING. Where did the time go?!
Anyway, I’m still a bit behind with everything…as I mentioned before, we’ve had company and I am trying to get everything ready for the party this weekend, but I should be started to get back on track this coming week.
Before I move on to the party, I want to tell you about a Amazon gift card giveaway I have going on. It has low entries, and I’d love to have one of my foodie friends win! Please stop by and enter (if you already entered, it’s ok, you can enter again!) and grab a great recipe for Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Spinach and Prosciutto while you’re there!
Now back to this week’s party.
Since we’re having a party for my son’s graduation, I’m in cookout / pool party mode. So I’m sharing some recipes that I found at the party that I may be making this weekend!
From top to bottom, left to right:
Sticky Pineapple Marinated Ribs from With a Blast
Strawberry Spinach Salad from Happy Mothering
Easy Breezy Caprese Pasta Skewers from Amee’s Savory Dish
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Skewers from Sweet & Savory
Marinated and Grilled Chicken Thighs from Cooking on a Budget
They all look amazing, don’t they?!
Ready for the party?
We’re not really a rules-type party. But here’s what we do ask.
1. Link up your favorite recipes and projects from your own blog. Roundups are fine as long as they include links to the recipes or DIY projects. Please DO NOT link a post without a recipe, project, craft, or tutorial.
2. We’d be truly grateful if you shared our party to other food and DIY blog friends so others can join in the fun! Tweet us. Share us on Facebook (the party should be pinned at the top on my Facebook page for Thursday evening and most of the day Friday, if you’d like to share from there). However you can help us spread the word, we appreciate!
[Tweet “Increase your traffic – come party at #FoodieFriDIY! @dishofdailylife loves to SHARE!”]
3. It’s not a requirement of course, but if you can, try to visit another link or two and leave a thoughtful comment. Give someone a shout out on social media. Use the hashtag #FoodieFriDIY…we’re trying to grow a community for all of us, and it’s always nice to make new friends.
4. We’d love it if you’d follow your party hosts on Pinterest.
- Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life
- Christie at A Kitchen Hoor
- Mila at Girl and the Kitchen
- Petro at The Seaman Mom
- Christine at Curried Cantaloupe
- Jenny at Honey & Birch
Don’t forget after you get done linking up to drop by my Facebook page and share your favorite recipes or DIY project that you have linked up…I will make sure to show your post some love on some form of social media! Please be sure to share either the link or the number in the link up so it’s easy for me to find it.
And now for the party!