The weeks are flying by now. My oldest son graduates at the end of this month, my middle child has her Confirmation coming up, and my parents are coming in from out of town for both events. We’re also hosting a party for my son’s graduation, and I am woefully unprepared.
Hopefully I will be able to stay on top of things over the next few weeks, but if I don’t, you’ll know why.
But today we’re back to one of my favorite times of the week, Thursday night and #FoodieFriDIY!
I know I mentioned looking for sides for summer cook-outs last week…thank you for sharing yours in last week’s party! You can expect a round up post next week!
Next month is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month. I’d like to do a farm stand post, so link up your recipes featuring your farm stand favorites! If that takes you over our three link limit, don’t worry about it. I know most of us keep to a schedule with our links, and you may be sharing something not in your regularly planned links.
But back to the party…
I don’t have a theme this week. There was a lot of cool stuff linked up, as there is every week. Take some time to look through the links when you link up…you will get some great ideas!
Here’s a few of my favorites!
I loved these DIY Travel Journals from About a Mom! Whenever we go anywhere, I always keep a journal to keep track of the details. This is a fun way to do it…and they’re so easy to put together too!
Another one of my faves this week was this Ramen Broccoli Salad from Year-Round Giving. I think I might be making this for my Ramen addicted son for his graduation party!
My next feature comes from a blog that is relatively new to me, Chili Pepper Madness. With that name, how could I not love their blog…you know me and my love for spicy! Doesn’t their Mediterranean Style Flatbread Pizza look fantastic?
Ready for the party?
We’re not really a rules-type party. But here’s what we do ask.
1. Link up your favorite recipes and projects from your own blog. Roundups are fine as long as they include links to the recipes or DIY projects. Please DO NOT link a post without a recipe, project, craft, or tutorial.
2. We’d be truly grateful if you shared our party to other food and DIY blog friends so others can join in the fun! Tweet us. Share us on Facebook (the party should be pinned at the top on my Facebook page for Thursday evening and most of the day Friday, if you’d like to share from there). However you can help us spread the word, we appreciate!
3. It’s not a requirement of course, but if you can, try to visit another link or two and leave a thoughtful comment. Give someone a shout out on social media. Use the hashtag #FoodieFriDIY…we’re trying to grow a community for all of us, and it’s always nice to make new friends.
4. We’d love it if you’d follow your party hosts on Pinterest.
- Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life
- Christie at A Kitchen Hoor
- Mila at Girl and the Kitchen
- Petro at The Seaman Mom
- Christine at Curried Cantaloupe
- Jenny at Honey & Birch
Don’t forget after you get done linking up to drop by my Facebook page and share your favorite recipes or DIY project that you have linked up…I will make sure to show your post some love on some form of social media! Please be sure to share either the link or the number in the link up so it’s easy for me to find it.
And now for the party!