Back to school is looming! We’ll be dropping my oldest son off to college in a couple of weeks and school starts back right after that for my two high schoolers. I can’t believe the summer is practically over!
Once school starts, I need fast and easy dinners. My kids are heavily involved in sports, and that means afterschool practices, games and team activities. But whether your kids are involved in sports or something else, I’m betting most of you are looking for fast and easy too.
So I’m hoping you all will share your best easy dinners with us this week. I’d like to do a back to school roundup or two, and I will include as many of them as I possibly can, linking back to you of course! I’m looking for 30 minute, one pot, and slow cooker dinner recipes. Most likely there will be more than one roundup along a couple different themes. Of course if you need to include more than three recipes this week because of this, that is just fine! I’ve already started a list from this past week’s party!
Oh – and if you could leave me a comment with the number of your recipe, that would be awesome! I don’t want to miss anything!
Now on to the features! Obviously I had “South of the Border” on my mind this week! It was hard not too, with all the yummy recipes linked up…I’m thinking a lot of us are on the same wavelength!
Chicken Nugget Tacos with Lime Dressing from With a Blast
Queso Con Carne Casserole (Nacho Pasta) from A Kitchen Hoor
Aunt Sue’s Taco Salad from An Affair from the Heart
Chicken Enchilada Nachos from Eat It and Say Yum
Slow Cooker Pollo Tacos Al Pastor from The Complete Savorist
If you’d like to pin one of these features, please head over to the blog where it lives and pin it from there!
Ready for the party?
We’re not really a rules-type party. But here’s what we do ask.
1. Link up your favorite recipes and projects from your own blog. Roundups are fine as long as they include links to the recipes or DIY projects. Please DO NOT link a post without a recipe, project, craft, or tutorial.
2. We’d be truly grateful if you shared our party to other food and DIY blog friends so others can join in the fun! Tweet us. Share us on Facebook (the party should be pinned at the top on my Facebook page for Thursday evening and most of the day Friday, if you’d like to share from there). However you can help us spread the word, we appreciate!
3. It’s not a requirement of course, but if you can, try to visit another link or two and leave a thoughtful comment. Give someone a shout out on social media. Use the hashtag #FoodieFriDIY…we’re trying to grow a community for all of us, and it’s always nice to make new friends.
4. We’d love it if you’d follow your party hosts on Pinterest.
- Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life
- Jenny at Honey & Birch
- Christie at A Kitchen Hoor
- Petro at The Seaman Mom
- Christine at Curried Cantaloupe
Don’t forget after you get done linking up to drop by my Facebook page and share your favorite recipes or DIY project that you have linked up…I will make sure to show your post some love on some form of social media! Please be sure to share either the link or the number in the link up so it’s easy for me to find it.
And now for the party!