No need to heat the kitchen up! These No Bake Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits are the perfect dessert recipe for barbeques or dinner parties, and they’re easily transported in individual serving mason jars!
These last couple of weeks have been hot. SO hot.
I just don’t want to bake (or even turn the oven on!) when it’s hot outside.
I’m sure you don’t either, so that’s why I’m excited to share one of my new favorite no bake summer recipes with you today!
If you’ve been reading my blog, you know that I love easy. I have three teenagers, I work out of the home, and my days are usually pretty packed.
I also like tried and true. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE has been baking for over 75 years. Their morsels are a staple in our house. We tend to use their semi-sweet and dark chocolate morsels the most, and they have no preservatives, or artificial colors or flavors. That’s something that is important to me.
My No Bake Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits featuring NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels are super easy to make, and I like using the little mason jars for individual desserts! You could just as easily use a small glass, but what I love about mason jars is that Ball makes plastic lids that you can use for refrigerator and freezer storage…and they’re also great for transport if you are bringing these parfaits to a party!
I served them for a family dinner with some out of town company. My sister in law has been visiting with her little ones for the past few weeks, and I wanted to make a special treat for the end of their trip. I knew the kids would love this recipe!
Just look at this happy face!
No Bake Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits
Now, back to the recipe!
Your bottom layer is chocolate wafer crumbs, so the first thing you are going to want to do is crush those wafers. I used my mini food processor. Sometimes I put them in a plastic bag and take a rolling pin to them, but in this case I knew I was going to be using my mini food processor for another step, so I just crushed them in there.
Transfer your crumbs to a bowl and add your melted butter to them. Mix well, and then divide up the crumbs between all of your mason jars.
Then you’re going to break down your NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels in the food processor. They should look something like the picture on the left below after you give them a few whirls around. Set them aside for for the chocolate cheesecake mixture.
With an electric mixer, beat your cream cheese for a couple of minutes until it is relatively smooth. Add your chocolate chips and vanilla and beat another minute or so.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the whipping cream and the powdered sugar. Whisk for a few minutes until mixture thickens a little. Add whipping cream and powdered sugar to cream cheese mixture and beat for another minute or so to combine.
Now you’re ready to start layering! On top of the chocolate wafer crumbs, layer the cheesecake mixture, cherry pie filling and then start over again with another layer of each.
Garnish each parfait with a few mini chocolate chips.
Getting hungry yet?!
- 30 chocolate wafers, ground into crumbs
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 12 oz of cream cheese
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House mini chocolate chips, broken down in Cuisinart
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pint of heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 21 oz cans of cherry pie filling
- Garnish: mini chocolate chips
- 10 half pint Ball mason jars
- Crush your chocolate wafers into crumbs. I used my mini Cuisinart, but you could also do it with a plastic bag and a rolling pin.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter, stir into crumbs.
- Press a couple tablespoons of chocolate cookie crumbs into the bottom of each Ball mason jar.
- Place the cup of mini chocolate chips in a mini Cuisinart to break them down a little.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for a few minutes until relatively smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and vanilla, and continue to beat for another minute or two. Scrape the sides if you need to, to make sure you get everything mixed together well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whipping cream and the powdered sugar.Whisk for a few minutes until mixture thickens a little.
- Add whipping cream and powdered sugar to cream cheese mixture and beat for another minute or so to combine.
- Layer cheesecake mixture, cherry pie filling and more of chocolate wafer crumbs. You should have two layers of each.
- Garnish each parfait with a few mini chocolate chips.