Hi! It’s Peggy from The Decorating Files. I’m so excited to be guest posting today for Michelle here on A Dish of Daily Life. As a professional organizer, I’m always looking for new ways to help my clients keep their things organized. And as an interior decorator, I want those storage options to be stylish. One of the rooms in the house that could always benefit from additional storage is the bathroom. I’d like to share with you some stylish bathroom storage ideas that will help keep your toiletries organized and at your fingertips. Form and function at its best!
Stylish Bathroom Storage Ideas
1. Repurpose an old ladder to hold your towels. Make sure it’s made of bamboo or a wood that can stand up to high humidity.
2. Take advantage of every bit of space by installing door-mounted towel racks and slide-out drawers. Use baskets and bins to organize small items.
3. A wine rack works great as a towel holder. This particular style can sit on the floor or countertop, but they also come in attractive wall-mounted versions.
4. Keep small items in drawers organized by utilizing boxes and trays especially made to fit drawers. They come in a variety of sizes, materials, and styles.
5. Glass apothecary jars look beautiful sitting on the bathroom counter or a shelf and keep toiletries within reach.
6. Baskets work great for storing and organizing just about everything. Designate a category of toiletries for each basket or assign one to every family member. Print these cute labels on heavy card stock and place inside metal-rimmed tags found at craft stores. Punch a hole in the tags and attach to the baskets with ribbon. You can find a free printable for the basket labels here.
7. Looking for unusual storage solutions? Hang a metal bucket on a hook next to the sink or bathtub for a convenient spot to store items you use every day. Find a bucket with a cute pattern or paint one and decorate with a stencil.
8. As I’ve said, baskets are wonderful storage containers. Use fabric lined baskets to store dry items like toilet paper, linens and hair supplies.
9. Transform plain crates into decorative and functional shelving by painting them and hanging them on the wall. Make sure the crates don’t stick out so far that they’re in the way.
10. Repurpose a kitchen storage bar for the bathroom. Hang it by the tub to have all your necessities close at hand.
Getting organized and staying that way can be fun when you have so many creative and stylish ways to do it. I hope you’ve found some inspiration from these ideas I’ve shared with you. Do you have a favorite? Do you have any stylish storage solutions you’d like to share with us?
Peggy Pardo is an interior decorator and professional organizer. She writes the blog The Decorating Files, which brings you tips, ideas, and inspiration to help you create the home you want and still stay on your budget. She’s also the author of The Moving Handbook. Besides her blog, you can follow Peggy and The Decorating Files on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
Kimberly H. Smith
Saturday 20th of April 2013
Wine rack and old ladder as towel racks! Love it.
Saturday 20th of April 2013
Peggy is so creative!! I love reading her blog...she gives me inspiration! Not that I get any of it done...but inspiration nonetheless!! Someday I will!!!