The traditional Club sandwich gets a makeover with this Turkey Club Havarti Grilled Cheese. Filled with turkey, bacon, arugula, roasted garlic onion jam, and lots of gooey Havarti cheese goodness, this grown up grilled cheese is the perfect mix of savory and sweet!
Did you know that it’s National Grilled Cheese Month? I’m celebrating with Arla Dofino and this delicious Turkey Club Havarti Grilled Cheese!
Growing up, grilled cheese was my comfort food. Oooey gooey cheese between two slices of buttery bread…that was one of my favorite meals.
Today, I’m all about grown up grilled cheese.
The havarti grilled cheese I have for you today is no plain Jane comfort food. It’s not your Mom’s grilled cheese. This is gourmet goodness!
Turkey Club Havarti Grilled Cheese
Start with a rich, nutty bread full of chewy goodness, like Eureka! Organic Breads. I chose Saaa-Wheat! for this particular sandwich, but Eureka’s Seeds the Day or Grainiac would have been just as good. You are going to love this bread!
My choice of cheese? Arla Dofino cheeses, crafted in Wisconsin for more than 100 years, are naturally good from farm to fridge. They’re free from added hormones, artificial flavors and preservatives and are made with quality natural ingredients…something that is important to me when deciding what to feed my family!
Spread some roasted garlic onion jam on each slice of your bread. You could certainly use tomato marmalade or fig jam instead…those happen to be my three favorites. But the roasted garlic onion jam went so well with my havarti grilled cheese!
Then pack (and I do mean pack) your sandwich with turkey, bacon, arugula and plenty of havarti for lots of ooey gooey goodness. What’s grilled cheese without all that cheesy gooeyness oozing out of the sides of the sandwich?
Just a tip…Arla Dofino Havarti is a soft cheese. To make it easier to work with (and this works with any soft cheese), put it in the freezer for 20 minutes or so before slicing.
I like to put a lid over my grilled cheese to help the melting process. I know this one doesn’t quite fit, but I couldn’t find anything else. It did the trick though.
- 2 slices Eureka Organic Saaa-Wheat Bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic onion jam
- 2 oz (or 1/4 cup) Havarti, sliced or shredded
- 2-3 oz of shredded turkey (or 2-3 slices)
- 2-3 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Handful of arugula
- Cook two slices of bacon; drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Spread a tablespoon of roasted garlic onion jam on each slice of bread.
- Top with arugula, turkey, bacon and top with havarti cheese.
- Warm your pan; melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan.
- Add your sandwich to pan; cook on low until bread browns and cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- When flipping sandwich, melt another tablespoon of butter in pan.
- Cover your pan with a lid during the cooking to help the cheese with the melting process.
- When done, cut in half and serve warm.