Look out, this White Chocolate Habanero No-Churn Ice Cream will cool you down then heat you up. A fabulous mixture of sweet heat!
Happy Summer “A Dish of Daily Life” readers. Quinn here from DadWhats4Dinner.com gracing the pages of Michelle’s wonderful blog as part of her creative team.
This month I’m bringing you my recipe for White Chocolate Habanero No-Churn Ice Cream.
I know you are intrigued, so read on and I hope you are enjoying all the great recipes Michelle and the other team members have been bringing you all summer.
White Chocolate Habanero No-Churn Ice Cream
S0, it is summer time and that means ice-cream especially when it is homemade.
Well, I am not a big sweet person so when I make ice cream I like to add a little heat to my recipe. Hold on, I know what you are saying; Habanero Ice Cream are you kidding me. No I am not!
It sounds weird, but let me tell you it is an awesome combination of flavors.
It starts with the cool and creamy white chocolate ice cream and then as you swallow the oh so sweet treat you get this nice little bit of burn from the habanero.
Not hot, not overbearing, just enough to make you say hmm, where did that flavor explosion come from.
Now I have made homemade ice cream many times using my little electric slow churn ice cream maker, but this is my first time making no-churn.
Wow! It is so easy and tastes great.
So simple and versatile you can make any flavor your little ice cream heart desires. But if you are like me, you will grab a Habanero and make my White Chocolate Habanero No-Churn Ice Cream very soon.
- 1 habanero, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- In a small pan, combine habanero and sugar over medium heat stirring often until sugar starts to melt.
- Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and bring to a simmer stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool and milk steep in the habanero.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- With mixer on low speed, whisk in milk habanero mixture.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Pour into a loaf pan and freeze until set. 2-4 hours.
By Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com © 2016
First published on ADishofDailyLife.com July 2016