Happy 4th of July!
I have something cool to share!
This week I did a little digging just to see what my pinning results were for the posts I pin from our party. As of a couple days ago, last week’s 5 features had netted about 200 repins together from my pins. When those repins to go out new boards, chances are others repinned them as well, resulting in even more pins! Those pins result in indirect traffic to your blog, which means you won’t necessarily know it came from our party.
I pin my features to at least 3 group boards. We don’t pin to a party board, because we found those pins weren’t getting a ton of repins, and our goal was to bring you more traffic. Of course, I also share in other ways, such as SU, Yummly, Twitter, G+, and Facebook (check my Facebook page on the Friday after we go live, because if you were featured, you will also be featured on my Facebook page the following day).
I don’t just pin my features though…I pin many of the posts that I visit throughout the week.
One of the posts I pinned last week has over 400 repins from a single pin. There are many in double digits.
And a post I pinned from a party several weeks ago has a whopping 1400 repins!
With summer coming, and a blogging slow down for a lot of people, we’d love for a little help in promoting our party. Could you please help us spread the word? Share the party, or mention it to a friend. We’d be ever so grateful!
Before I head over to my features, I want to share a giveaway I have going on! PLEASE stop by and enter! FRESCHETTA® is offering a fantastic grilling package giveaway, and I am sharing how to turn a gluten free cheese pizza into a gourmet pesto artichoke chicken pizza grilling sensation! Doesn’t that look good?!!
Now on to my features!
We’ve (really, my husband and youngest son) been working non stop in our pool area, extending our fence to accommodate our hot tub and fire pit (coming soon), moving shrubs and adding a small deck. We have a vision for what we want it to look like, but it’s going to take a while before it’s all done.
So with that in mind, I thought it might be fun to feature some projects on improving and enjoying our outdoor living spaces.
I loved this project, How to Build a DIY Covered Patio, from Kenarry Ideas for the Home. My husband keeps talking about a way to shade part of our patio…this may be just what we need!
We all want our outdoor living spaces to feel like an extension of our home. There are a lot of great ideas in this post on How to Create a Backyard Retreat from Clean and Scentsible!
Once you’ve turned your outside living space into an oasis, you’ll want to relax with a drink. Which to choose?
The Malibu Coco-Cooler from With a Blast?
Or the Bahama Mama from Cooking with Curls?! So hard to choose!
If you’d like to pin any of these projects or delicious drink recipes, please stop by their site and pin the post from where it actually lives.
Ready for the party?
We’re not really a rules-type party. But here’s what we do ask.
1. Link up your favorite recipes and projects from your own blog. Roundups are fine as long as they include links to the recipes or DIY projects. Please DO NOT link a post without a recipe, project, craft, or tutorial.
2. We’d be truly grateful if you shared our party to other food and DIY blog friends so others can join in the fun! Tweet us. Share us on Facebook (the party should be pinned at the top on my Facebook page for Thursday evening and most of the day Friday, if you’d like to share from there). However you can help us spread the word, we appreciate!
[Tweet “Increase your traffic – come party at #FoodieFriDIY! @dishofdailylife loves to SHARE!”]
3. It’s not a requirement of course, but if you can, try to visit another link or two and leave a thoughtful comment. Give someone a shout out on social media. Use the hashtag #FoodieFriDIY…we’re trying to grow a community for all of us, and it’s always nice to make new friends.
4. We’d love it if you’d follow your party hosts on Pinterest.
- Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life
- Jenny at Honey & Birch
- Christie at A Kitchen Hoor
- Petro at The Seaman Mom
- Christine at Curried Cantaloupe
Don’t forget after you get done linking up to drop by my Facebook page and share your favorite recipes or DIY project that you have linked up…I will make sure to show your post some love on some form of social media! Please be sure to share either the link or the number in the link up so it’s easy for me to find it.
And now for the party!
[inlinkz_linkup id=540749 mode=1]