Disclosure: Although I am compensated for certain services I provide for WeMontage, I was not asked to write this post, nor was I specifically compensated for it. I wrote it because I truly love the product, and all opinions are my own. I did receive a discount though, and this post does include affiliate links.
As seen on the Today Show!
Where are your photos?
Are they on your walls? Or are they hidden away on your computer?
For many of us, the computer is where our photos live, often precariously, if they’re not backed up. And yet, if you ask people what personal belonging is most precious to them, they’ll usually tell you their photos.
So why do we keep our photos hidden away rather than decorating with them?
- Price Sometimes it’s due to cost. The cost of custom framing and canvas prints as a decorating option can be prohibitive, especially when you are trying to put together a gallery wall.
- Home Decorating knowledge Other times it’s simply due to feelings of insecurity when it comes to our decorating know-how. It can be difficult to pick out groupings of frames and photos that go together, not to mention the stress of putting holes in the wall, making sure everything is level, and looks well together.
What if I told you there was another option? An option that would allow you to cover a large space at a fraction of what it would cost to purchase frames and canvases…an option that would in essence give you a gallery wall (with no hammer and nail required).
You’d want to hear about it, wouldn’t you?
WeMontage removable photo wallpaper is the perfect way to get your photos off your computer and on to your walls, where you can enjoy the memories every day, rather than once in a blue moon.
Photo wallpaper isn’t the solution for everything, but here’s where it shines:
- High traffic areas Any area where frames can get knocked off the wall is a good candidate for WeMontage photo wallpaper. With three teenagers, we tend to have a lot of bouncing balls (no matter how many times I tell them to go outside)!
- Rental spaces No hammer and nail required!
- A gallery wall The cost of custom frames and canvases can be prohibitive when building a gallery wall. By contrast, a WeMontage is quite cost effective in this regard. Custom framed pieces often cost hundreds of dollars and don’t fill a lot of space. Good quality canvases aren’t inexpensive either. Do the math.
- Kids rooms and play areas Kids tend to change their décor around a fair amount. Removable wallpaper is great for them, as they can redecorate easily.
- Spaces where comfort is needed. A WeMontage can help seniors in assisted living or nursing homes feel connected to the people that love them and the wonderful memories of the past, especially those who don’t live near their loved ones, or suffer from memory disorders or depression. WeMontage has a wonderful campaign going on for seniors in assisted living. If you have a friend or loved one who would benefit from having a WeMontage, submit their story HERE, and enter to win them $1000 of FREE WeMontages!
Don’t make choosing the photos harder than it has to be.
In my days working as a photo organizer, when creating keepsakes, I constantly heard the refrain “it’s so hard to choose which pictures to use!”
Choosing your pictures is easy if you follow this one rule.
Choose the photos that tell the story.
The photos with a story behind them are the ones you will cherish the most. They might not be your most beautiful pictures. But what they will be is the ones that you will look at and instantly be reminded of a story. They’ll be the ones your kids point to and say “remember when?” They’ll be the ones that bring a smile to your face.
How our family enjoys photos outside the frame
I own three WeMontages, and I plan to make more. Here’s how we’ve used WeMontage in our own home:
- Travel Memories You might remember a while back, I made a WeMontage of a family trip to Hawaii to visit cousins. Most of the pictures I used were of water play. The looks of pure glee on the faces of my children and my nieces are priceless! I never want to forget that. My kids still talk about that vacation.
- Kids Rooms Our oldest son has a WeMontage with pictures from his high school soccer team. They had a great season, but most importantly, he had a lot of fun and there was a lot of camaraderie on that team…lots of good memories. Kids love pictures of their friends, sports or special activities. I’m making one for my son’s friend for a graduation present!
- Celebrating family activities We have a ski condo with a huge wall that needed something. Actually, it needed a lot of something. But to put together a gallery wall would have really cost prohibitive…the space is huge. I made a 7′ x 5′ WeMontage of skiing pictures through the years. You can’t really tell from my picture, but this is a really large WeMontage. Because it was so big, it came as two panels. It was very easy to match up though, and you can’t tell at all that it is two pieces.
I wish I had captured the looks on the kids’ faces when my husband and I put it up! Everyone kept pointing at different pictures and saying “remember when?” Even my son’s friend was asking questions. Then the following week my daughter’s friend came with us and as soon as she entered the condo and saw it, she stopped and said “Wow!” Having photos on the walls like this definitely makes an impact!
I made this WeMontage in less than an hour, including the time that took me to choose all the pictures. I didn’t go crazy trying to find “the perfect picture” because it’s really about the memories. You’re going to love your WeMontage no matter what pictures you use, as long as there is a story behind them.
Ready to get your own photos on your walls? Give WeMontage a try!