With the perfect combination of tart and sweet, this Citrus Mango Cocktail recipe with vodka and freshly squeezed juice is sure to be one of your new favorite summer drinks!
Hi, it’s Steph again from “So, I’ve been thinking…” I’ve got a new cocktail for you today that I’ve been perfecting – a Citrus Mango cocktail with vodka and fresh squeezed juice.
Every summer I spend a lot of time on the road either on our family/friends vacation in North Carolina or visiting family in northern New York. Everywhere we go we end up cooking and making cocktails – for cookouts, birthday celebrations and as part of our group dinners when we are in NC.
Each year I try to come up with something fun to drink that is a little different from what we might normally have (beer, wine, gin & tonic…not that there’s anything wrong with those drinks.)
I love fruity drinks that aren’t overly sweet so I use a lot of fresh squeezed citrus – which is how I developed this Citrus Mango cocktail! The mango offsets the tartness of the citrus, and it’s a fruit that many people don’t regularly use.
As usual, I’m including both a single cocktail recipe and a batch recipe in case you are making drinks for a group.
- 1 mango
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 orange
- 1 shot vodka
- 1/2 shot triple sec (or your favorite orange liqueur)
- water, seltzer, lemonade for mixing (if desired)
Batch of cocktails
- 1 or 2 mangos diced
- 7 large limes
- 7 large lemons
- 5 oranges
- 1 750ml bottle of vodka
- 1 375ml bottle of triple sec
- Squeeze the juice from the lime, lemon and orange into a small mixing cup or bowl
- Dice mango (*directions for easily dicing a mango are below)
- Drop a teaspoon of the diced mango into a glass, mash lightly
- Fill the glass with ice
- Add vodka and triple sec
- Add approximately 4 oz of the fresh squeezed juice
- Stir lightly
- Top with another teaspoon of the diced mango
- If you want to top off the drink with any of the optional mixers it will lighten the flavor or add sweetness (from the lemonade) without changing the taste of the original cocktail too much.
Batch of cocktails
- Squeeze the juice from the lime, lemon and oranges – you want at least 4 cups of juice
- Dice the mango
- Place 1/2 cup mango in a pitcher, mash lightly
- Add both bottles of vodka and triple sec
- Add 4 cups fresh squeezed citrus juice
- Store in fridge or on ice in pitcher, do not add ice to the mixture
- To serve, fill glasses with ice, pour vodka/mango mixture to fill glass 3/4 full
- Top with a splash of water, seltzer or lemonade if desired, stir lightly
- Add a teaspoon of remaining diced mango to each glass
As always, I encourage making your drinks with your own twist. Use a citrus vodka, add pineapple, use a pineapple infused vodka…whatever sounds interesting usually will work – just be sure the flavors coordinate (I wouldn’t suggest chocolate or coffee vodka, for example) and balance the tart/sweet in your drink.
This Citrus Mango cocktail recipe is for anyone 21 or over. Please drink responsibly.