Mini Italian sausage meatballs cooked with Bow Tie pasta in a creamy tomato sauce. Ready in 30 minutes!
Italian Sausage Bow Tie Pasta
Hello everyone! Tania from Cooktoria here, sharing my new super-tasty and quick pasta creation. It is quick, it is flavorful and it is filling. You are going to LOVE it!
I cook pasta pretty often; however, I’ve mostly been making vegetarian dishes lately. My husband and I are eating mostly vegetarian meals (80/20), and when the time comes to cook something meaty – I go wild! 🙂 I put all my skills and all my love in the recipe and make it count. The recipe I am sharing with you today was inspired by my mom who works as a chef in Italy. She knows how to make some really good stuff! She taught me how to make The Best Chicken Meatballs Ever and this awesome Pasta with Peas and Kielabasa. When we chat on the phone, we talk about food 70% of the time. Yes, we both love food, creating new recipes and sharing it with others.
Let’s take a moment and talk about ingredients here. I used store bought Marinara Sauce since I was trying to save some time. I had Ragu old-style Marinara Sauce and it worked like a charm. I assume pureed tomatoes will work well too. Use whatever you have on hand.
Of course, the choice of pasta is yours too. You can choose to use Penne, Elbow Macaroni, Orecchiette or any other kind of medium-sized pasta.
I hope you and your family members will love this dish as much as I did. Seriously, I am getting hungry again as I write about it!
I cannot wait to hear from you, so make sure you leave a comment below! Hope you all have an awesome Tuesday!
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb of Italian sausage
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 24oz. jar of Ragu Marinara sauce
- 1 cup Half&Half
- 5 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until it softens.
- While the onions are cooking, remove the casing from the sausage and form small meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the onion, increase the heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes. (The meatballs don’t need to be cooked through at this point, as they will cook further in the sauce).
- Add the garlic to the meatballs, cook for 1 minute and then add Marinara sauce, Half&Half and pasta. Stir everything together, cover with tight lid, reduce the heat to medium-low again and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pasta, stir and turn off the heat. Let it rest with the lid on for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley or Parmesan cheese.
Tania is the working bee at Cooktoria. She is passionate about food, cooking, photography and making new friends. She cooks simple and healthy meals inspired by Mediterranean cuisine. Originally from Ukraine, Tania now lives in New Jersey and likes to take long walks along the shore with her husband. Follow Tania on: Facebook,Pinterest or Instagram.