This delicious Creamy Deviled Egg Layered Pasta Salad recipe combines deviled eggs and pasta salad in a dish that is perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, or any potluck get together. The dressing is creamy, egg-y and bold…I think it is the best dressing I have ever made! This is sure to be one of the most popular side dishes at your next get together or holiday dinner!
Creamy Deviled Egg Layered Pasta Salad
Happy Spring all you wonderful A Dish of Daily Life readers! I am Quinn from Dad Whats 4 Dinner. I am a rarity in the world of Food Blogging. A man!!! Yes there are a few of us out there, but we are few and far between. I am thrilled to bring my recipe for Creamy Deviled Egg Layered Pasta Salad as part of A Dish of Daily Life’s creative team. Thanks to Michelle for giving me the chance to share my brand of recipes with you and hopefully get to meet many new bloggers!
Hip Hip Horray! We made it through winter. If you didn’t know, spring started on Sunday March 20th. It is time to start thinking about Easter, Mothers Day, Memorial Day cookouts and potluck dinners.
So last time I brought my Peanut Butter Tarts. Pretty awesome, but not very healthy. Today’s recipe is the polar opposite of the tarts. My Creamy Deviled Egg Layered Pasta Salad combines all of the favorites of spring and the vinaigrette, and while not completely healthy, is made with low fat mayo and good fats and oils.
I love layered salad. I love deviled eggs. I love a good pasta salad. So why not combine them all together in one wonderful Creamy Deviled Egg Layered Pasta Salad! This is perfect for Easter dinner or for your next potluck. My wife Christie couldn’t stop raving about this salad and told me I must make it for Easter.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 12 hard boiled eggs, divided
- 8 oz. pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- ½ cup low-fat mayo
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup red sweet pepper, julienned
- 1 cup yellow sweet pepper, julienned
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ½ cup Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, finely shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Place six hard boiled egg yolks in a food processor.
- Add avocado through salt to the eggs.
- Puree until smooth. With processor running slowly pour in olive oil.
- Continue to process until creamy and smooth. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a large clear glass salad or trifle bowl assemble salad layer.
- In bottom of bowl place a layer of baby spinach.
- Top with peppers and a layer of pasta.
- Cover pasta with a layer of Deviled Egg Creamy Vinaigrette.
- Continue to layer onions, cucumber, remaining sliced hard boiled eggs, another layer of pasta and the snap peas.
- Top with remaining Deviled Egg Creamy Vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and green onion.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24.
First published on ADishofDailyLife.com 03/22/2016
The dressing in my Creamy Deviled Egg Layered Pasta Salad has to be the best dressing I think I have ever made. Creamy, eggy, tangy and bold! It pairs perfectly with all the wonderful vegetables and pasta for the perfect flavor combination.
Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. I enjoy cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. I try to make ordinary everyday food extraordinary. I live just north of Cincinnati with my wife of 23 years, three kids and three cats. My kids have well developed palates and my youngest daughter is now working with me on the blog creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella“. Follow me on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.